ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION SPECIALIST
Utilizes adjusting experience to provide support to the legal department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Analyzes and reviews claims for accuracy, completeness and eligibility. Prepares and maintains reports and records for processing. May require a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent and 2-4 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Works under general supervision; typically reports to a supervisor or manager. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Prepares acknowledgement for Demands for appraisal and or Demands appraisal upon identifying an eligible disputed claim file.
- Responsible for the status of appraisal files by regularly receiving status reports from appraisers to ensure appraisals are concluded in a timely manner.
- Regularly communicates with appraisers in order to obtain status on appraisal files to ensure appraisals are concluded in a timely manner and to ensure guidelines are adhered to.
- Corresponds with outside counsel to facilitate court proceedings needed to ensure appraisal files are concluded in a timely manner. This may include, but not limited to, petitions to enforce or appoint as needed.
- Prepares appraisal summaries for presentation to management.
- Responsible for engaging in settlement negotiations on disputed files within authority limit as provided my management.
Individual must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
The individual must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization; and must have knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software.
Work requires continual attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines. The individual must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and demands.
EDUCATION AND /OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree desired, or equivalent work experience required.
The individual must possess the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos; and have the ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
NOTE: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Frontline Homeowners Insurance reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
We are a Drug Free Workplace and EOE.