Application Administrator II
• Install, update, tune, and diagnose problems with internally developed and packaged applications (on-premises and cloud), including Guidewire InsuranceSuite, Salesforce, Guidewire portals, Tomcat Servers, Apache Web Servers, WordPress CMS, caching servers, message queues, etc.
• Act as second tier enterprise software support for tickets escalated by tier 1 Help Desk Analysts.
• Maintain business applications in a manner that ensures hot fixes, patches, and upgrades are executed as needed to ensure optimal performance and security.
• As needed, work closely with and maintain working relationships with the technical support teams of our packed software vendors (ImageNow, GuideWire, SalesForce, etc.) and our custom software solution providers when diagnosing and solving application issues.
• Maintain good working relationships with end-users for purpose of eliciting feedback on software improvements and discovering unreported software issues.
• Administer software training with end-users.
• On an ad-hoc bases, customize packaged solutions (e.g., Salesforce) per end-user requests and/or business specification documents.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIESThis job has no supervisory responsibilities.
• 5+ years of experience supporting 24/7 production environments.
• 5+ years supporting enterprise software packages, such as ERP, CRM, and web portals in the capacity of tier 2 or tier 3 technical support.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Associates or bachelor’s degree and 3 – 5 years related experience.
Ability to read and comprehend detailed instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to professionally execute excellent verbal and written communications. Ability to effectively present information in one-on- one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTE: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Frontline Homeowners Insurance reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
I have carefully read and understand the contents of this job description. I understand the responsibilities and duties expected of me. I also understand that this job description does not constitute a contract of employment nor alter my status as an at will employee. I have the right to terminate my employment at any time and for any reason and Frontline Insurance has a similar right.