The Business Analyst (BA) is responsible for the documentation of requirements for all new implementations and modification of existing systems/reports, as well as all functional change requests that are submitted by the business departments, relevant QA testing, and the creation and/or maintenance of application manuals and the training of new users for the Accounting/Finance, Treasury, and Compliance Departments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Document and review business process changes for new and existing systems.
- Perform testing and implementation of new functionality and business process changes.
- Work with the other Departments’ BA’s to ensure changes affecting the Accounting/Finance, Treasury, and Compliance Departments are properly documented and do not adversely affect necessary functionality for the Departments.
- Work with the Web Development teams on project implementations, including clarify requirements as needed.
- Facilitate reporting requests, including the documentation of requirements, design/development of report (or mock-up design to pass along to Development teams for more complex reports), and schedule output/delivery of the reports as required.
- Investigate and communicate issues within Accounting/Finance, Treasury, and Compliance Departments system environments and resolve these issues with IT or applicable third party support team.
- Work with the QA Development team to ensure Test Use Cases are current and correct for existing and new processes.
- Determines operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information; evaluating output requirements and formats.
- Recommend controls by identifying problems and developing and documenting improved procedures.
- Define project requirements by identifying project milestones, phases, and elements; forming project team; establishing project budget.
- Monitor project progress by tracking activity, resolving problems, publishing progress reports, recommending actions.
- Provides references for users by maintaining user documentation; providing help desk support; training users.
JOB REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- 3-5 years of prior related experience.
- Enterprise and accounting information systems experience preferred
- Guidewire system experience a plus
- Some insurance industry experience preferred
- Strong analytical skills and a self-starter attitude necessary.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and manage time effectively on tasks with competing priority.
- Experience working in dynamic and team environment
- Fast learner with Interpersonal skills to develop relationship between the business and the system to enhance the appropriate flow of information.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. An individual must also be very detail oriented and have high data entry accuracy. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
College Degree and 3 – 5 years related experience.
Ability to read and comprehend detailed instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to professionally execute written communications. Ability to effectively present information in one-on- one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook, and other Microsoft applications. Microsoft Dynamics GP experience preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
4-40 Customer Service Representative License (or) 2-20 Property & Casualty License.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTE: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Frontline Homeowners Insurance reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
We are a Drug Free Workplace and EOE.