Claims Litigation Manager
- Focuses on the key elements of claims execution, including delegation, setting expectations, measuring performance, and holding people accountable.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of policies and procedures of the Claims Litigation
- Provides expertise to create and support quality control measures, strategies and
- Identifies training and development needs and may participate in development and facilitation of training, as well as perform semiannual and annual performance
- Responsible for policy
- Responsible for direct reports of litigation specialists
- Performs special projects as
- Develop and execute litigations strategies with outside
- Review suits against the company and claim files and provide recommendations as to the handling of
- Use technical knowledge of estimating and repair methods to:
- Understand industry standards and repairs options to assess potential effect of jury views and trial outcomes.
- Review suits against the company for potential deficiencies and provide recommendations as to when to utilize negotiated
- Testify as Corporate Representative as
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIESThis job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Ability to drive change and influence individuals at all levels of the organization and to take appropriate risks. Serves as a strong coach and fosters career development of others
- Values diversity and has the ability to empower and motivate others.
- Must be flexible and able to handle multiple priorities, as well as be willing to lead change
- Strong interpersonal skills and be open to feedback.
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Strong computer skills and the ability to work effectively under stress.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
BS/BA in business or related field required. MBA and/or Insurances Designations, such as AIC, CPCU, SCLA are a plus.
Must have at least five (5) years claims experience and five (5) years management experience, as well as direct homeowner and dwelling claims experience in the areas of coverage, investigation, evaluations, negotiation and other resolution techniques. Must model ethics and integrity.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Independent Adjuster License – All Lines (5-20)
Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to write correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTE: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Frontline Homeowners Insurance reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.