Digital Insurance Product Architect
Forms Rates and Filing manager is responsible for the rate and form filings for each state and policy type.
- Manage preparation, proofing, stakeholder sign-off and submission of filings via System for Electronic Rates & Form Filings with various state insurance departments
- Coordinate the filing process of insurance products, including working with the regulators and actuaries to get the filings approved
- Manage filing and actuarial project timelines to ensure OpenInsurance products and product changes are launched on time
- Develop filing strategies to further the most efficient admitted project implementation.
- Run competitor and rate impact analysis using tools such as Pixel and Manual Rates; provide results to Stakeholders
- Research competitor filings for rates and forms supporting documentation
- Review new manuals and manual changes prior to filing with the state
- Work with personnel in other departments to ensure that projects are completed accurately and in a timely manner
- Collaborate with personnel in other departments to develop rates and rules for new programs and/or product options
- Work closely with other departments to monitor and communicate filing methods and procedures to ensure rate and form filings in use are accurate and current
- Coordinate and document all activities surrounding the filing approval process
- Provide rates and forms requirements to IT for system implementation
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIESThis job has no supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or leadership experience is required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task and set priorities
- Ability to solve complex problems analytically and work independently
- Ability to do research and work with subject matter experts
- Strong knowledge of the insurance industry, preferably homeowners insurance and interdependent processes between sales, underwriting and claims
- Experience with the Guidewire suite of products is preferred
- Proficient in MS Office
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
For current position must successfully complete the AINS and/or API Designation and/or CPCU or equivalent insurance certification in Property and Casualty insurance.
Ability to read and comprehend detailed instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to professionally execute written communications. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with practical problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTE: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Frontline Insurance reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
We are a Drug Free Workplace and EOE.