Compassion is what makes us human, and compassion is a part of Frontline’s DNA. We are not driven by numbers; it’s about people and keeping their dreams safe. At Frontline Insurance, our motivation is simple: make things better. Dream up new ways to help and do the right thing, because it’s the right thing to do. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there is no telling what you could accomplish.
The Frontline Insurance Internal Audit Department is designed to be a third line of defense audit function. Our mission is to provide independent, objective assurance and consulting services designed to add value and improve the operations of Frontline Insurance. Our team members gain a broad perspective across the Company through varied assignments, audit engagements, and special projects.
We are looking for a self-motivated individual as we continue to expand the Internal Audit Department at Frontline Insurance. Your role will be to lead various audits, instilling the need for documentation of controls amongst the business units and finding areas for improvement. This is a high visibility role on a small team within Frontline Insurance and provides the successful candidate with an opportunity to contribute to the organizations’ control environment while also gaining exposure to many projects, corporate initiatives, technology, and business areas.
- Identify financial, operational, and compliance risks through assurance, consulting, and solutions management activity.
- Improve the identification, measurement, management, reporting and controls in governance, risk, and control environments.
- Prepare audit reports to document audit scope, procedures, findings, and recommendations.
- Interpret the significance of audit findings, draw conclusions from findings, and make practical recommendations for remediation.
- Assess new processes or changes to existing processes to identify financial or operational risks.
- Communicate with and educate process owners (including non-finance individuals) on the importance of controls, an effective control environment, and the role of the team.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIESThis job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Ability to interact with all levels, set objectives, and create results.
- Ability to navigate through ambiguity.
- Ability to manage and coordinate multiple project assignments simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment, overseeing the process and delivering on commitments.
- Driven personality, with a desire to find solutions.
- Ability and willingness to take initiative to independently identify, research and resolve issues and make continuous process improvements.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to work with a wide variety of stakeholders.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Minimum of one (1) year of work experience in an internal/external audit role.
- CPA or CIA designation is a plus.
Must possess the ability to read and comprehend detailed instructions, correspondence, and memos as well as write simple correspondence. Must also be able to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Must be proficient with the following: addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook, other Microsoft applications, and other application including AS400, Annual Statement Filing software, Microsoft GP, etc.
Must be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Must also be able to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTE: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Frontline Insurance reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
We are a Drug Free Workplace and EOE.